|Don’t Break the Beat|
|Written by Administrator on Tuesday, 10 July 2012 05:44|
Think you can be rapstar? Do you have mad music talent? Nokia is giving you a chance to go head-to-head with other aspiring rappers in the competition dubbed “Don’t Break the Beat” competition. The campaign is linked to Nokia Asha range of mobile phones, centres on an East African wide search to find the definitive rapper, also known as a “cypher”.
Auditions are on this . Successful contestants from these auditions go on to battle it out at club nights and national finals, competing with rappers from across Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania for the coveted East Africa title, and a whopping 250,000 KES in prize money, as well as a brand New Nokia Asha mobile phone.
Judges include: Nazizi; Point Blank Evumbi; Eric Musyoka; Joey Muthengi; Frasha (Francis Amisi) and DJ Joe Mfalme. Their votes carry 70% weight in the final judging. The other 30% will be consumer driven, with voting open at each round on the You Tube channel so everyone gets the opportunity to support their favourite!