In 2003 the Top student in the KCPE examination scored 482 out of a possible 500.That means that over the 5 subjects they only missed out on 8 questions as each question carries 2marks.
In the just released KCPE results for last year 2012, the Top Student scored a measly 430 points out of a possible 500. This student being the brightest in their year missed out on an incredible 35 questions given the same 2marks per question.
Have Kenyan children grown dafter over the years? Are our kids just not as intellectually focused as 10 years back? I have some reasons for this ‘dumbing down’ of Kenyan kids:
1. Verbal Expression is negative: What the hell is "Xaxa" "xaxawa" and "I mixx u lykcwaizy"
2. Emotional Expression is also negative: Missmentation!
3. Expression of Gratitude:10Q = 'Thank you'
4. General Expressions: 208 means 'TUONANE' …Seriously???
5. Frustration: Cwesmek
6. When did "Nayo" become an adjective/adverb that can describe absolutely everything?
7. You have 5000 friends on facebook but not a single study partner?!! How now???
8. You like facebook pages instead of reading textbook pages!
9. Since when did compositions start with, “Dear Admin”
10. Pronunciation of words: